Tuesday 8 April 2008

Purple Patch Runners

I've toyed with the idea of joining a running club for a long time. I nearly went along to Maidenhead AC after work to have a run with them once or twice, but my desire to get home after work and see my kids before they go to bed has always got in the way of that. Nevertheless, I've still been interested in joining a club to try and strike up some kinship with fellow runners.


Whilst looking at future races, I came across an organisation called Purple Patch Running. They organise training weekends and a number of races throughout the year. They also have a running club - Purple Patch Runners. They're sort of a virtual running club - they have no premises and no 'club' night on which they meet up and run. They also have a list of targeted races at which members can meet up. Members get all the usual benefits of being a member of a running club - affiliation to UK Athletics, discount on race entry fees, etc.

The Maidenhead Easter 10 was my first race as a Purple Patch Runner. I wore my club vest and I saw another one too (going past me at speed!). I hope to see more at future races.

0 comments: