Tuesday 8 April 2008

Maidenhead Easter 10 - 21 March 2008

I work in Maidenhead and the route of this 10 mile race intersected with part of my usual lunchtime training run route. It started off with two laps around a business park and then out into open fields (where it was incredibly windy). The route took us around the outside of White Waltham Airfield and then back round to the business park to finish. 


The business park sections are a little dull from a scenery point of view, but it did mean I was able to run past my wife and kids who were there cheering me on, which was lovely. Once out of the business park, it was all paths across fields and country lanes - a great route.

I finished in 1:27:42 which was very consistent with my half marathon time at the beginning of March.
As I was coming in towards the finish of this race, I saw a couple of ambulances and an air ambulance. I later found out that someone collapsed shortly before the finish line and was taken off to hospital unconscious. This morning, I read that this runner has sadly passed away. My thoughts go to his friends and family.

0 comments: