Tuesday 1 April 2008

Poppy Hill 10K - 14 Oct 2007

Hidden behind the famous Sandhurst Military Academy near Camberly, Surrey is an area of forest designated by English Nature as an 'area of Special Scientific Interest' that is usually closed to the public. Inside this fenced enclosure are some gorgous trails through mixed woodland and areas of open heathland with just enough hills to make it interesting.


These trails were the scene of my first real trail race and I really got hooked after this one. The start/finish line was on top of a hill which had to be climbed twice during the race - once after only a mile or so and once just before the end of the race. It was a nice day if I recall correctly and the course was mostly dry with a few sandy patches and the hills weren't too bad.

I finished in 58:54. It was a great location - I'll definitely look to do a run here again.

0 comments: